TRANSLATE THIS BLOG

Zombie Outbreak Beacon NY

Zombie Outbreak Beacon NY
Are you going to join them or fight them?

Saturday, January 23, 2010

RailRoad Salvage, Candy and Sweet Dreams


It has been three days since I have eaten anything besides candy. The sugar headaches are excruciating. I have been making my way north, further into the wilderness and further from urban areas. If I don't survive to see humanity make a comeback I hope that someone finds this journal. I don't want to just be one of the forgotten people who didn't make it through the zombie war.

Not to mention this journal is the only "person" I can talk to. It's lonely, I'm lonely...

I might actually get some sleep tonight. I'm in a small town called Turners Falls in Massachusetts; haven't seen a trace of life or the undead on my walk through the town. I even managed to get some more candy bars and tic-tacs from the front of the Brooks Pharmacy. The whole store looked pretty untouched compared to other places I've seen. But I never venture far into places. That's why I can usually find candy, it's kept by the registers or entrances of stores.

I took the street behind the pharmacy and it led me to an old bridge that someone had blown a huge hole in. The sides are still up so I was able to shimmy across, no zombie will be able to do that. That's when I found myself in front of where I'm sitting now.

It used to be a place called Railroad Salvage.I think they sold furniture or something like that. Maybe it was a thrift store. In any case, it is abandoned and surrounded by a fence. I couldn't find a single hole in the fence. Good sign that there aren't any people,living or zombie, lurking about.

I'd give anything for a conversation with another living person. I tried to speak and was shocked at the sound of my own voice. It must be what monks feel like after living in silence for decades and then finally saying a word.

Let me stop thinking about things I don't have. I'm thankful for the candy bars, tic-tacs and the possibility I may get a few hours of restful sleep.

Thanks for listening to me. Let's talk again tomorrow.

You're my best friend.

No comments:

Post a Comment