TRANSLATE THIS BLOG

Zombie Outbreak Beacon NY

Zombie Outbreak Beacon NY
Are you going to join them or fight them?

Monday, October 24, 2011

Z-Day in the Bronx - An honest review of this Zombie "Haunted House"


  I'd like to thank the people from "Nightmare Fairy Tales" and "Nightmare Z-day" for giving me free passes to view their haunted house in Manhattan and their, first ever, zombie apocalypse, "Nightmare Z-Day", in the Bronx.

http://hauntedhousenyc.com/  - Nightmare Fairy Tales

   http://nightmarebronx.com/ - Nightmare Z-day

  I took two of my good friends, Kiem and Aleks, to Nightmare Z-Day in the Bronx. Aleks is a zombie fan since she worked as a set photographer on a zombie show this past summer and Kiem isn't one of those chicks who scares easily. I thought they would be great accomplices is judging this zombie themed "haunted house". This is the first one of it's kind and we took that into account.

  I wasn't allowed to take any pictures once we entered the haunted house but I did get a fun picture of Kiem in an electric chair by the ticket booth. But, let me get back to the topic at hand...

  The overall story was fun and just had one tiny hole to it. What zombie story doesn't though these days? We all thought the time spent standing on the short line could have been better use to set up the atmosphere of Z-day. Like how when you go to big theme parks they have stuff on screens telling you the background story so that the ride can just dive right into the juicy parts.

  The zombies were great but we felt there should have been more. Granted I'm sure after the success of this Z-day next years will have four times as many (I'm not promising anything). The rooms were very well done but I wish there had been more, a lot more. Call me a glutton for zombie horror in live action, living, not-breathing 3D!

  There's one room that does a fabulous job of completely disorientating you and making you wish you hadn't started on this little adventure. I loved that room! I imagined if I was in that situation with real zombies and how totally screwed I would be. That was frightening, indeed. There was also a room at the end..I won't spoil it for you...which I didn't want to leave. I wanted to study every single bloody, disgusting, horrifying detail.

 Many people screamed (including myself) and many people laughed (including Kiem and Aleks). If you know someone who doesn't watch a ton of horror movies and someone else who has a great scream; take them both and go check out Nightmare Z-day in the Bronx. The combination of good friends being scared and laughing while being attacked by zombies is awesome fun for everyone. (Just not kids)

This was a one-of-a-kind experience and I hope there will be more Nightmare Z-days in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment